Friday, July 16, 2010

Functions of English(1):



Expressing Opinion
Giving Opinion: Asking for Opinion:                               
  • In my opinion...............
  • It seems to me that..........
  • To be honest................
  • Personaly speaking.......
  • As far as I am concerned, I...............
  • What's your opinion?
  • What do you think?
  • Are for or against?
  • Do you think that....?



 Functions in Context
       Asking for Opinion:
  • · I was wondering where you stood on the question of immigration?
  • · What's your position on global warming?
  • · What's your opinion of the project?
  • · What do you think of love?
  • · How do you feel about building a space prison for dangerous criminals?  
  • Giving Opinion
  • · In my opinion the consequences of global warming will be fatal.
  • · As far as I'm concerned love is the noblest feeling.
  • · From my point of view, poverty could be fought with solidarity.
  • · As I see it, our planet is dying.
  • · I think / reckon / presume / gather it will get worse with time.
  • · In my view immigration is caused by unemployment.
  • · It would seem to me that technologies will control us sooner or later.
  • · It seems to me that democracy is the solution for developing countries.
  • · I feel the world is getting wilder than ever before.
  • · I believe politics should be more human...
  • · I figure that we are doomed to protect our planet before it is too late.
  • · To my mind cloning should be restricted.
  • · According to me Euthanasia should be banned.
  • · What I think / mean / believe is that developed countries are selfish.
  • · I mean that they don't try to help poor countries.
  • · I may venture that they are extremely sadist.
  • · As for me they like to be at top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment