Sunday, July 25, 2010

Functions of English(2):



Expressing Request
Making Request                                  Responding to Request                              
  • Can you open the door?
  • Will you open the door?
  • Would you open the door?
  • Could you open the door?
  • would you mind opening the door?
  • Do you mind opening the door
    • Of course
    • Sure
    • Certainly
    • Sorry, I can’t
    • I ‘m afraid I can’t 



     Functions in Context
           Making Requests:
    •  Can you close that door, please?
    • Will you turn down that radio, please?
    • Could you possibly give me that red pen over there?
    • Would you bring me a glass of water please?
    • Would you like to put that case on the reception desk, please?!
    • Would you mind sending these letters for me, please?!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment